Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Q: Do you charge for parents to watch?
A: NEVER on regular skating sessions. We're happy you are here! NOTE: Occasionally charitable organizations that host fundraisers at Skateland of Augusta will charge every person (adult or child) that is admitted.
- Q: If my friends are coming to skate, do I need to pay if I'm only going to hang out?
A: With the exception of parents watching their children, everyone entering the rink must pay the admission and skate rental fee.
- Q: Do you offer group rates?
A: We do! Please call 706-796-4048 and we will be happy to work with you. Groups are considered to be 10 or more.
- Q: What size skates do you rent?
A: From juvenile size 8 to adult size 16.
- Q: Can I bring my own skates?
A: Yes. We allow all kinds of regular roller skates and inline skates.
- Q: Can I wear my Heelys?
A: Sorry, because Heelys do not have wheels in the front and back and are not intended for "roller skating" they are not permitted.
- Q: Do you sell skates and equipment?
A: Yes! The Shop is loaded with the latest skates as well as an assortment of candy and glow products.
- Q: What goes on at a public skating session?
A: Most sessions are set-up with a variety of special skates: All-Skate, Backwards, Couples. During daytime or family-oriented sessions we also do the Hokey Pokey, play games and give prizes.
- Q: My child doesn't skate well. Can I walk on the floor to assist him/her?
A: We apologize but during public skating sessions we only allow guests with skates on to enter the skating floor.
- Q: Where can I get skating lessons for my child?
A: Right here at Skateland of Augusta. We have weekly group lessons every Saturday for $3.00 with skates included. Lessons start at noon. Private instruction is also available.
- Q: What forms of payment do you allow?
A: We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Q: Do you have an ATM?
- Q: Can I pay with a check?
A: Sorry, we do not accept personal checks.
- Q: Can I rent Skateland of Augusta privately?
A: We offer private events on select days of the week.
- Q: How far in advance do I need to make party reservations?
A: As a rule of thumb, Session Parties should be reserved at least 2 weeks in advance, a deposit is required. Private parties times are available, call for times and prices: 706-796-4048.
- Q: Do you sell food?
A: Yes! The Rabbit Hole Snack Bar offers Pizza + Hot Dogs, Pretzels, Nachos & Churros. We also offer Coke products and with a candy vending machine.
- Q: Can I bring in food from the outside?
A: The only outside food/drinks we allow during our open skating session is a birthday cake. (This applies ONLY if you have a scheduled birthday party at Skateland.)
- Q: Do you have any Kosher food?
A: Not yet, but soon.
- Q: Do you sell Gift Certificates.
A: Yes. They can be purchased anytime the office is open or during public sessions.
- Q: Will you donate something to my child's school auction?
A: Yes! Skateland of Augusta is happy to donate products/services to non-profits. Please send a written request on organization letterhead stating the name and date of the event and the nature of your request. The courtesy of 3 months notice is kindly requested. Send request to Skateland of Augusta, 2451 Windsor Spring, Augusta, Georgia 30906, Attn: Donations Department.
- Q: Can I use my laptop and go online at Skateland of Augusta?
A: Yes, we have wireless internet.
- Q: Do you take requests for songs?
A: Yes. Our DJ will make every effort to get your favorite song on! (Please note: not all music is appropriate for all sessions. If you ask the DJ, he or she will tell you if we can play a song.)
- Q: Do the games take quarters or tokens?
A: Quarters only. A change machine is located in the Rabbit Hole Snack Bar. You can also get change at the front window or in the snack bar.
Back to TOP